PLEASE READ ALL OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION PRIOR TO REGISTERING FOR THE COURSE!
Genesis Driver Improvement has partnered with the National Driver Training Institute to provide our students with the Online Virginia Teen & Adult Driver Education Course. The program consists of at least 30 hours of instructions and includes components about alcohol safety, drug abuse awareness, aggressive driving, distracted driving, pedestrian and bicycle safety, handicapped parking, fuel-efficient driving practices, motorcycle awareness and organ and tissue donation awareness as required by law.
You must be at least 15 years and 6 months old to take the online driver education course. All individuals who elect to take the classroom component of the driver’s education course online must take the online course through a DMV licensed driver training school. Home-schooled students are exempt from this requirement.
In order to benefit from the course, you must be able to work independently and be comfortable with using a computer.
Instructions For Taking The Online Course
- To register for the online driver education course, complete the registration form below. You will be notified within one business day with instructions to complete payment.
- Once the course has been paid for in full, the student email provided (parent email, if under age 18) will be sent the login information for the course. This includes a username, password, and link to enter the course.
- The student logs in and begins the online course as instructed. The student receives a directive at the end of the course to contact Genesis Driver Improvement to schedule the final exam. The student is given written verification of completion of the theory portion of driver education. This document verifies that the student has completed the portion of the course and is ready to take the final exam.
- Genesis Driver Improvement licensed instructor logs into the course and opens the testing site for each student who presents the written verification of completion document entering their seven digit student authorization code.
- The student takes the final examination online in the presence of Genesis Driver Improvement licensed instructor.
- The course grades the test and reveals the results. If the student passes the course, the instructor will receive the certificate of completion for that student and can continue with the behind-the-wheel portion of the course or issue the certificate to the student when there is a request to transfer. If the student fails the examination, the student will be allowed to review any section of the completed course to prepare to take the examination again.
Genesis Driver Improvement 2211 Dickens Road, Suite 300 Richmond, VA 23230
Wednesday through Saturday from 11:00am to 3:00pm by appointment only, please call (804) 442-7967 to schedule.
- On the day of testing, you must bring the following to the test site: Photo identification (DMV issued identification card, school-issued identification card, valid passport or military identification)
- Proof of completion of the online driver education course
- A completed “Parental Consent for Online Driver Education Examination” (DTS 62), if you are under age 18 (Click link below to view/print)
- Proof of completion of the additional 90-minute parent/teen course if you are under age 18 and live in Planning District 8 (counties of Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun and Prince William and cities of Alexandria, Fairfax, Manassas and Manassas Park)
- Genesis Driver Improvement will provide a computer for testing.
If you have any questions or comments about the course you may contact us Tuesday through Friday from 10:00am-4:00pm at (804) 442-7967. You may also email us at email@example.com.
For technical support, call the National Driver Training Institute help desk Monday through Friday from 8:00am-6:00pm (Central Time) at 1-800-942-2050. You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles is committed to promoting transportation safety through the certification of quality driver training programs. If you have comments or concerns about this course, call the DMV toll-free number 1-877-885-5790.
PLEASE ALLOW ONE BUSINESS DAY FOR PROCESSING YOUR REGISTRATION. YOU WILL BE CONTACTED WITH INSTRUCTIONS TO COMPLETE PAYMENT AND PROCEED WITH THE COURSE. THANK YOU!
Translate This Page