THIS COURSE IS NOW 100% ONLINE...IN PERSON TESTING IS NO LONGER REQUIRED!
PLEASE READ ALL OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION PRIOR TO REGISTERING FOR THE COURSE!
The Online Virginia Teen & Adult Driver Education Course consists of at least 30 hours of instructions and includes components about alcohol safety, drug abuse awareness, aggressive driving, distracted driving, pedestrian and bicycle safety, handicapped parking, fuel-efficient driving practices, motorcycle awareness and organ and tissue donation awareness as required by law.
You must be at least 15 years old to take the online driver education course. All individuals who elect to take the classroom component of the driver’s education course online must take the online course through a DMV licensed driver training school. Home-schooled students are exempt from this requirement.
In order to benefit from the course, you must be able to work independently and be comfortable with using a computer.
Instructions For Taking The Online Course
- To register for the online driver education course, complete the registration form below. You will be notified within one business day with instructions to complete payment.
- Once the course has been paid for in full, the student email provided (parent email, if under age 18) will be sent a link to begin the course.
- The student logs in and begins the online course as instructed. The student receives a directive at the end of the course to contact Genesis Driver Improvement to schedule the final exam. The student is given written verification of completion of the theory portion of driver education. This document verifies that the student has completed the portion of the course and is ready to take the final exam.
- Genesis Driver Improvement licensed instructor logs into the course and opens the testing site for each student who presents the written verification of completion document entering their seven digit student authorization code.
- The student takes the final examination online in the presence of Genesis Driver Improvement licensed instructor.
- The course grades the test and reveals the results. If the student passes the course, the instructor will receive the certificate of completion for that student and can continue with the behind-the-wheel portion of the course or issue the certificate to the student when there is a request to transfer. If the student fails the examination, the student will be allowed to review any section of the completed course to prepare to take the examination again.
If you have any questions or comments about the course you may contact us Tuesday through Friday from 10:00am-4:00pm at (804) 442-7967. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles is committed to promoting transportation safety through the certification of quality driver training programs. If you have comments or concerns about this course, call the DMV toll-free number 1-877-885-5790.
TO REGISTER FOR THE COURSE PLEASE COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW AND SUBMIT PAYMENT. ONCE BOTH HAVE BEEN RECEIVED, AN EMAIL WILL BE SENT WITHIN ONE BUSINESS DAY WITH A LINK TO BEGIN THE COURSE. ALL PAYMENTS ARE NON-REFUNDALE. INCOMPLETE REGISTRATION FORMS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED!
Translate This Page